Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gaga Polaroids



Thanks to the Impossible Project (website not working at the mo but check later), Polaroid will resume production of it's film towards the end of this year. Late last year I was searching London for Polaroid film for a gig I was doing and it was a ridiculous hunt: in the end I found a place in Elephant and Castle called Silverprint which deal in speciality photography and it was going to cost £68 for 30 prints!! So all of you with the original Polaroid cameras can breathe easy, we're back!




More interestingly though, Lady Gaga has been made Creative Director at Polaroid for their special imaging products, it is such an incredible move considering the institution that is Polaroid and the culture/fashion icon that Gaga has become. Can't wait to see what they come out with, though am hoping its not going to be a leather studded camera cover.

I remember 10 years ago, going on a 3 hour car drive with my Uncle Tom around the Nebraskan suburbs looking for the house of a guy that my uncle had contacted to buy a rare Polaroid camera from. We left in the afternoon and it was dusk as we journeyed in his cool pick up truck and playing Alison Krauss on the tape player, and we finally found the place and bought the camera. It had a gorgeous leather cover. I must ask him whether he still has it?!

No comments: