Tuesday, January 20, 2009

moments of change

I haven't felt this optimistic in months when it comes to the world political stage. I battle with sounding like a cheesy commentator from a typical American film, but the fact is - anyone who wants to be cynical or roll their eyes, step back away from me. I am thrilled beyond comprehension about today - the day that Barack Obama takes his oath. Because today, we are all a part of history and nothing will change that. A black man who is talking about peace and unilateral attitudes. Yes!

It is ironic because who knows, a few months from now everyone will be moaning and erring that Obama is just the same as the others. All I will say to that is we all have to come to terms with the fact that he won't be able to snap his fingers and change the world. But that its him stepping up on to that stage and not the old, half man half bionic mess of a guy McCain, is a huge step in the right direction. I feel that people are going to be a little more open to letting this guy try and do his job.
He is going to struggle with oil barons, tobacco lobbyists and drug company bastards who want to stop healthcare reform but at the same time, he will have peace mongers the world over, stepping up to help him. So who's to say?

In this moment of blissful perfection, where anything is possible and the world is united in celebration (well, almost everyone in some way or form) - I am damn happy to be alive to jump up and down with a flag in my hand and say, hell yes we can.

No comments: