Thursday, January 04, 2007

Home sweet home

This is no picture off the net, this is Kosgoda Bay on the way down south - part of the beautiful scenery we get while driving down south (Unawatuna) for New Years Eve a few days ago. It has been absolutely fantastic being back home in Sri Lanka. Being here with my family, my friends and especially with Lee, he has had a much better opportunity to experience the country and culture since we're here for so long. Its easy to slip back into things and the lifestyle... not to mention the gorgeous weather we've been having. Sunny, blue skies and breezy days.

It was my birthday yesterday - eek! 27, I am not so keen on this post 25 experience, where did time go? I can't believe I'm 27, but it feels kick ass awesome to wake up and think "ok so i'm 27, but no need to panic, cause I am off on an amazing world travelling adventure in under 3 weeks with the most wonderful man!" so i think i'll be ok.

Going to post more pictures of our time here (some from my birthday drinking session at our bar at home, 7 hours of sangria and wine!) its been so long since I have though Lee has been merrily blogging away since we got here and posting his pictures on Flickr. So click on his blog if you want to see more.

We've been to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Kelaniya Perahera, Unawatuna, Hikkaduwa (surf trip) and living it up in Colombo with Christmas, parties, clubbing and bars etc... Tis the season to be in Sri Lanka!

No comments: